Thursday, September 23, 2010

We All Need More Greens !

We All Need More Greens !
Green smoothies are a great way to get all the greens you need ! Here is a recipe I made today, I'm always trying different combinations some taste better then others if it's harsh add a bit more fruit to make it more palatable ! In my blender I blend them all up, you will need a pretty good blender to handle some ingredients like parsley stalks and whole apples and  lemons.
So in my smoothie to day was some fresh picked mint, parsley, 6 dandelion leaves and aloevera a few sprigs of each a medium aloevera leaf I cut the edge sharp bits off ,then a whole apple, third of a cucumber with skin on and a good hand full of celery tops and the top stalks add water and blend up really well then add a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy. That should help get your cells jumping for joy !
When mangoes are in season I will post a delicious raw green delight dessert that I came up with some years back, that you and your children will love its a great way to get extra greens into your children and they won't even know they are eating vegetables ! Come on mango season I adore fresh mangoes !

No comments:

Post a Comment