Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Apricot,Sunflower Seed,Coconut & Hemp Seed Slice !

 
Apricot,Sunflower Seed,Coconut & Hemp Seed Slice !
I made this slice a few weeks ago but I used almonds, This recipe I used sunflower seeds which are great if making for any one with a nut allergy and a few weeks ago I purchased hemp seeds and hemp oil so I also added 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds..and its just as delicious as my last recipe..
While pressing the base mixture into the lined tin, I had a thought, that with the mixture I could make a raw carrot cake..So when I've made it I'll post the recipe it would be lovely with this tangy topping..
So stay tuned..
 
 
 Apricot,Coconut & Hemp Seed Slice !
I made this yesterday its so delicious and raw and healthy and Paleo ..perfect..
And did I mention delicious...
Here is the recipe...
2 cups dried apricots ..sulphur free
2 cups raw sunflower seeds.
2 tablespoons of hemp seeds.
1 cup of desiccated coconut..
 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice. 
1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest.
pinch of celtic salt
 I put all above ingredients into my food processor and processed until well combined, slightly sticky and crumbly, then I pressed it into my 9 inch square cake tin lined .. I lined it with a plastic grocery bag cut in half ..and then layered each piece across the tin one way then the other...then I put it in the freezer for a few hours ..

Tangy lemon topping..
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds( soak for a few hours)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
2 tablespoons of honey. 
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
1/2  tablespoon of lemon zest.
 process till smooth and creamy ..then poor over the top ..t\This mixture was quite thick so to thin it just add a little more liquid or lemon juice ...The sunflower seeds when soaked swell up..
Here is the link to my previous recipe with almonds...

1 comment: