Friday, September 19, 2014

Apricot, Almond & Coconut Slice - Raw & Paleo !

Apricot,Almond & Coconut Slice !
I made this yesterday its so delicious and raw and healthy and Paleo ..perfect..
And did I mention delicious...
Here is the recipe...
2 cups dried apricots ..sulphur free
2 cups raw almonds.
1 cup of desiccated coconut..
 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice. 
1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest.
pinch of celtic salt
 I put all above ingredients into my food processor and processed until well combined, slightly sticky and crumbly, then I pressed it into my 9 inch square cake tin lined .. I lined it with a plastic grocery bag cut in half ..and then layered each piece across the tin one way then the other...then I put it in the freezer for a few hours .. 


 Tangy lemon topping..
1/2 cup of almonds without skins ( soak for a few hours)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
2 tablespoons of honey. 
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
1/2  tablespoon of lemon zest.
 process till smooth and creamy ..then poor over the top ..tilt tin to coat all over evenly ...
place back into freezer to firm up ..then I cut into 64 squares..Store in freezer..
Enjoy..Note: If you have a nut allergy you could substitute with sunflower seeds..

3 comments: