Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Yummy Potato Salad Recipe !

                     This is my yummy potato salad recipe !

I love potato salad, I make it quite regularly during the warmer spring, summer season.
Here is my recipe I don't like ones with mayonnaise...I use fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and little honey and some celtic salt...I steam the cut up potatoes, I usually make a big batch to last a couple of days makes a quick easy lunch ...So while potatoes are steaming away, I cut up an onion any type red spanish can add a lovely colour but this time I just used a brown onion finely diced . I put the dressing that I make as described above in the salad bowl. Then I add the onions then add the cooked potatoes toss really well so all the dressing gets absorbed into the hot potatoes..I also add a sprinkling of dried mint for extra flavour  and some fresh mint from my garden adds extra colour and flavour and serve ..its so delicious ...Hope you give it a try ..if so let me know how yummy it was...
NOTE: You can also add apple cider vinegar in place of lemon juice..I always try to have lemon juice available ..when lemons are in season I will juice them and freeze them in ice cube trays then pop them into a zip lock bag in the freezer...note to myself I have a big basket full of lemons that I need to juice..to make some more lemon juice ice cubes, they are so handy ...for making salad dressings or popping into a glass of water on a hot summers day..very refreshing ..to make cheese cakes, anything that requires lemon juice...

No comments:

Post a Comment